Friday, April 25, 2008

New Painting_Part 4

I am posting some of my newest artwork.

On the right hand side:
Painting Title: Crater Lake
I created this piece based on my memory of our 2002 trip. I was so amazed by the amazing blue. It took me years to finish this piece from the concept.

On the left hand side:
Painting Title: Reunion
I visited a remote countryside school in China last year. As you can see, the stream falling from the mountain reunites with the river. Meanwhile, you can imagine that the students from all over the countryside have crossed the narrow wood bridge and gathered in the old farm school which is hiding behind the woods.

1 comment:

Laurel Pollock said...

I love Ming Wei's art! It's so refreshing to see Chinese paintings of Oregon scenes! He also teaches classes, which is great because I have been searching for a Chinese teacher for many years. Thank you! lp